Anyone can write, right? You might think so and still wonder: Which added value do I get from professionally written SEO copy? Here are four good reasons why investing in texts written by a freelance SEO copywriter will be worth your while.
Working with a Professional SEO Copywriter – I Give you Four Good Reasons
Imagine you scrawl over a blog post, browse a website or read a product description in an online shop ‒ something you probably do several times a day. Initially, you are very interested in the topic. But your enthusiasm quickly fades as your brain gets stuck right in the first sentence. The copy is just too complicated or boring.
So you probably decide to stop reading and abandon the website in question. If, however, you do manage to finish the text, you do not feel any wiser. Does this scenario sound familiar?
If so you already realize that text is not necessarily the same as text. There is more to a good text than stringing along words in a grammatically correct order. It does not matter whether we are talking about editorial texts, blog posts, SEO copy, corporate copy or specialist publications.
Your customer and your product deserve exciting content. Period. And great content is what you get when you work with a professional SEO copywriter.
1) Professional SEO Copy Pays Off ‒ Literally
- For hours you ‒ or your employee ‒ have been typing away on a blog post or landingpage. Simply add up your hourly wage for this task. You will probably realize very quickly that professional SEO copywriting really pays off. Because, literally, time is money. Thanks to the help of a freelance SEO copywriter, you gain time while remaining highly flexible.
- Only if your SEO content is both appealing and informative, will your customers enjoy reading it. And, thus, stay on your page or come back for more. Boring and badly written SEO copy is simply a waste of money.
- Good SEO copy quantifiably increases your revenue. Written by a SEO copywriter it follows the exact goals you set ‒ and can verify through monthly SEO reports.
2) Numbers Speak the Truth: Your Customers Like SEO Copy
A study by a renowned content marketing agency shows: more than half of all internet users prefer clicking on text content. Neither images, nor video or audio content can keep up with that.
High-quality and individual SEO copy attracts attention online: your website will be found on Google. After all, the quality of your online presence influences how customers perceive your company: reliable, approachable, serious…
Awkward SEO content without added value and bad usability, on the other hand, scare away your customers before they can make a purchase decision.
3) The Image Issue
We all agree: a professional appearance is good for business. This applies to meetings in person as well as to your corporate image. Reliability and competence are sexy especially on your website, on your business blog or your newsletter. Because words are often the first impression a potential customer gets of you and your product.
So, how can a SEO copywriter boost your corporate image?
You already have a Content SEO Strategy in place? Congratulations! Because your customer will immediately notice whether your corporate image is coherent. Great SEO content and usability equal perceived reliability.
A professional SEO copywriter can help you produce consistent SEO content. To do so, we take many factors into account and produce individual SEO copy tailored to your desired image.
4) Increased Value for Yourself and Your Customer
Great SEO content drives traffic to your website. Landing pages, blog posts, FAQs ‒ they can all do something for your company. Just as they do for your customers.
Benefits For Your Company:
- When you commission a SEO content strategy, it confronts you with your company’s priorities and goals as well as your target audience and their needs. As a result, you need to question the status quo and define the relevant direction you want to take your business.
- By doing so, you learn a lot about your target audience which allows you to adapt or improve your product if necessary.
Benefits For Your Customer:
- You are an expert in your field. Which is why your customers benefit from you sharing your expertise. That added value will make your SEO content rank well on Google. Your customers look to you for help or information ‒ you lend a helping hand through excellent SEO copy.
Choosing a Freelance SEO Copywriter: What You Need to Keep in Mind
When selecting a SEO copywriter, compare them is tricky. Here are a few criteria that you can consider if you want to get great results:
- Ideally, your SEO copywriter will have a solid education, such as a university degree in communication, linguistics, literature or translation.
- Work experience in Online Marketing or Online PR is also an important indicator. After all, SEO copywriting is so much more than just creating beautiful sentences and words. As Content Marketing professionals, they will know about the technical details just as well as about general marketing. So, they can consult you on a smart Content SEO Strategy. And then implement it by creating well-structured SEO content that drives your business.
- You can recognize a good SEO copywriter from the fact that they offer you much more than just the words: Rather, they ask questions, focus on a holistic SEO approach, and offer you comprehensive Content SEO Consulting.
- Optional: Is your company operating internationally? If so, a multilingual German SEO Copywriter comes in handy. Especially if they have international and multilingual SEO experience. This way, your SEO content or SEO translations come from a single source thus providing consistent quality.
Ask yourself: Do I want to increase my revenue online by boosting website traffic? If so, you should start working with a freelance SEO copywriter.